We are seeking a Linux Administrator to join our team. This is a permanent, full-time position at our client’s location in Woodbury, MN. Primary responsibilities of the Administrator will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in Linux on call rotation
- Automation of daily server admin tasks
- Adheres to documented, approved standards.
- Perform daily operational duties of system maintenance, OS, patching, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Become a subject matter expert in key support areas for the team and train and mentor other administrators in area of expertise.
- Plans and coordinates infrastructure requests to accommodate server requests.
- Monitors, schedules, and implements server storage expansions, as required for client needs.
- Coordinates and plans with other support groups and vendors to provide emergency and scheduled maintenance in an effective timeframe.
- Responsible for coordinating requested changes, and minimizing the business impact of those changes.
- Understand and follow operational processes and policies.
- Ability to work with global resources to implement servers, and resolve issues.
- High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years Linux Server Administration experience
- BASH scripting experience
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux experience
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, MIS, BCIS, or equivalent
- Linux Red Hat Certification
- Knowledge of Linux LVM (Logical Volume Management)
- Knowledge of Red Hat Satellite Server (Build, Kickstart, Deploy)
- Knowledge of CIFS and NFS
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks and SAN
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux Networking and Bonding
- Demonstrated proficiency in a customer service role with good communication skills