The FUZE Developer is a Jr. Developer role responsible for configuring sites, populating them with content and performing quality assurance testing to make sure the page looks right. This is a great position for a recent college grad looking to launch a career in a corporate setting!
- Participate in estimating work requests and logging issues found throughout the build process.
- Work with project lead to understand and clarify business requirements and review project deliverables for quality and completeness
- Work efficiently with a large team of website developers and architects.
- Become proficient in the IBM Web Content Manager tool we call FUZE. Working in the tool consists of organizing website work into “projects”, creating the page layout using drag and drop design pattern library “components” and copying and pasting content to the appropriate field within the tool.
- Perform quality assurance checks and ensure that the site is properly structured, meets corporate standards and is compatible with approved browsers and devices.
- Communicate status updates with project lead and peers both clearly and proactively to manage project delivery expectations.
- Troubleshoot, identify and research reported issues, and have the ability to provide recommendations by comparing advantages and disadvantages of various solutions.
- Contribute to and accurately maintain project documentation, as required.
- Manage support issues and change requests through resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Experience with web development or responsive web design
- Savvy with computers and high aptitude for learning software / applications
- Understanding of web browsers
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Excellent communication (written/oral) and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in MIS, Computer Science or comparable information technology-related experience and educationn
- Experience working on a team or project toward a common goal
- Experience with web, mobile, and social applications
Observable Skills Required:
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic development environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with peers, managers, and others
- Strong multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills
- Facilitate leadership skills with ability to follow through and follow-up on tasks
- Self-starter that takes initiative to go above and beyond
- Proficiency in the IBM Web Content Manager tool, content requirements and workflow.
- Cares about quality and completeness; gets work done right the first time